It could be said that Google is the new Yellow Pages, and that means a strong web presence is vital to every financial adviser’s marketing strategy.
If it’s been a while since you took a good hard look at your firm’s website to evaluate its effectiveness, there’s no better time than the present. Below are 20 questions to determine if your website is doing its job and providing your firm with a healthy dose of web traffic, prospects and leads:
1. Does your website receive more than 100 visitors each month?
2. Does your website generate at least one prospect for your firm each month?
3. Do you have at least one white paper or offer for your primary target market on your website?
4. Does your website support a blog that’s updated at least once per month?
5. Does your website contain a lead capturing form?
6. Is your navigation easy to use and find?
7. Does your website include at least two strong calls-to-action?
8. Do web visitors regularly click on the calls-to-action?
9. Do you have images of real people on your site (as opposed to stock images)?
10. Has your firm information been updated as your team grows or changes?
11. Is the site’s web design appealing and compelling?
12. Can web visitors find your phone number and address without searching for it?
13. Does your site utilise social sharing buttons?
14. Is your firm’s website mobile-friendly?
15. Has your site been optimised for search engine optimisation (SEO) rankings?
16. Are the fonts, colours and layout consistent and reflective of your firm’s branding?
17. Does the messaging on your site inform visitors who you are, what you do and why your firm is better than the competition?
18. Is the font easy to read and at least 14 pt or higher?
19. Does every link on your site work properly? Have you tested it?
20. Do prospects and clients refer to your website to answer questions or book appointments?
If you have answered ‘no’ to more than half of these questions, then it’s time for a website makeover.
At Goldmine Media, we believe that building a professional financial adviser website is much more than just creating a design that is fresh and appealing. For any website to become successful as a sales and marketing platform, it must be intuitive and easy to use for both first-time and repeat visitors.
For a free consultation or appraisal of your bespoke website requirements, contact Goldmine Media today.
Oliver Taylor, Head of Sales & Marketing, Goldmine Media
Join now and receive Goldmine Media’s FREE email newsletter.
Sign up to Goldmine Media’s emails and receive FREE marketing guides, special offers and promotions.
Subscribers will receive our regular Goldmine Media email newsletter crammed with ideas to help you improve client communication, raise brand awareness, improve marketing efficiency, enhance client retention and increase sales.